M and I went on a date yesterday! It's something we try to do regularly but doesn't always happen. Last week, we had dinner at Brixx and went to see an opera, Aida, but the evening wasn't nearly as fun as it should have been. I was very tired, it was cold in the performing arts center, and the opera made me sleepy! We have tix to another one in March, and I'm hoping that will be a better experience. But, I digress...
So, yesterday evening, we went to Target and then to Lowe's to buy paint (not exactly a date yet, but it's what we married people find ourselves doing sometimes on Fri nights!). We've been on this kick lately to support more locally-owned businesses, so M suggested we try a new pizza place in our area. It was quite good, and with our bellies full, we decided to go bowling, something he and I have never done together in all our years together!
We played 3 games, and surprisingly, I beat him in 2 of them. We had such a good time laughing over our mishaps or lucky moments, we may even turn this into a monthly or bi-monthly thing (no, no bowling leagues in our future)! The only downside is I didn't have the camera with me to capture this... oh well.
1 comment:
That sounds like a lot of fun! Mike and I went on a lot of dates before Matthew arrived and its something I already miss. Lately, its hard even finding time to eat at the same tim ;) I'm sure things will settle down in another month or so though.
Post a Comment