Feb 28, 2009

Coming home

It's never been easy for me to come home from a trip, and I'm not sure if it's due to my love of travel (I'd rather be anywhere but home base?) or if it's the "letdown after the high" feeling. It's particularly hard when I've gotten to see family that I otherwise don't see very often, ie when will I see them again? And there's also mild culture shock in readjusting. Yesterday was weird because I was worried about my parents who were stuck for 24 hours in the Qatar airport on their way to India. We have been fortunate enough not to have any such mishaps during our travels, and I guess we were long overdue for a problem. They have since made it safely to India. M also helped by surprising me with a bouquet of orange rosebuds (he ran into the store for milk on our way home, and came back with milk and flowers!!). I better use the weekend to unpack, catch up on some missed TV shows (24 and Gossip Girl), clean up email, and ready myself for Mon morning at work.

No comments: