Jul 31, 2009

July

Is July over already?! It is my "barometer" on the year, not only because it is in the middle of it, but also because it's my birth month, and to me, epitomizes all that is fun about summer (my favorite time of the year). It was a fun and busy month, with all kinds of happenings:
  • M & I went on a fun double date in NoDa, with drinks at Crepe Cellar while waiting on a table for dinner at Cabo Fish Taco, and then dessert at Amelie's. What fun, and we should certainly do this type of thing more frequently!
  • I got to see/hang out/catch up with my roommate from study abroad days in Sevilla, Spain. It was 10 years ago that I embarked on that adventure, and well, those memories will be with me for a lifetime. LS and I were fairly joined at the hip there, and then lost touch, so it was great to re-connect via Facebook!
  • I went to a bridal shower for a good friend who is getting married in Aug. Lots of good company, good food, and fun games... the rest will stay among us girls!
  • And, of course, my birthday! I am thrilled to be turning a year older & wiser, and plan to live the last year of my twenties to its fullest. But don't get me wrong, I am not dreading the big 3-0 as I fully expect my thirties to be even better! I met up with some girlfriends on the day of, a Thurs, as M was busy with his stained glass class. We first went to Epicenter after 5, and then Brixx for dinner and had a great time. TZ came to spend the weekend with me, and we had a fabulous time going to the mall, getting pedicures, and chatting a mile a minute. Sat night, TZ, M & I had dinner at Mez, then met up with more friends there, and partied the night away.
Here comes Aug, which is going to be crazy with travels on 3 of the weekends, and I hope to do a better job of keeping tabs on all of it right here...

No comments: