Oct 25, 2011

Week 2 of R&R

We left DE on Saturday afternoon and drove down to the D.C.-Virginia area where we spent the night with my cousins.  We had brunch with a good friend and her family and then hit the road for CLT.  In NC, we stopped to see another old friend and finally made it back to my parents' house around 9p.  I learned something on all of these road travels: S travels fairly well in cars and planes; it is much easier to be the driver than to sit in the back and continuously find ways to entertain an almost-15-month-old; I have much more patience than I ever thought (see previous phrase)! 

We did a LOT less during the second week than the first, partly by design and partly because S came down with a cold on Monday night.  We stayed home a lot more, or did things individually while one of us stayed home with S and my mother (who had taken the whole week off).  We got to see friends who came to us, we took care of errands, and we shopped more.  We went out for an adults-only evening with friends while S stayed home with his grandparents and uncle and had a grand time.  The best part of the whole trip was watching S interact with my parents and bro... if I could have scripted it I couldn't have imagined how easily he took to them and the ways he charmed them.  While I wasn't sad about returning to work, I was sad about leaving behind our family and friends. 

No comments: