Dec 22, 2007

Day 2 in Bombay

I should note that we use "Bombay" and "Mumbai" interchangeably, with "Bombay" being used most often. It'll take a few more years yet before the British colonial influence of this naming is erased from our minds!

Day 2 was a slow start, with us getting up late and getting dressed in time for lunch. We headed to a nearby mall and had a fun time shopping for random things and window shopping. We then went to Juhu Beach (equivalent to South Beach, I'd say) and sat an oceanfront restaurant, enjoying the view and sipping drinks. We were trying to watch the sunset but the clouds made that pointless. M and I went for a walk, and had a not-humorous-at-the-time experience of getting locked out briefly from the restaurant, with my brother taking a picture of us in which beggars happily decided to pose with us. They were smiling; we weren't. You'll have to see it to know what I mean...

Went home to change and then the 3 of us (bro, M, myself) went out with some friends. This young couple loves to party, so they were able to show us a good time. Hanging out at this lounge, drinking cocktails, eating, and listening to remixed American and Bollywood music truly felt like a Bombay experience.

No comments: