Dec 23, 2007

Day 3 / Last day in Bombay

Woke up early to head to an aunt's house in Bombay. My parents are going to stay there a couple of days, but unfortunately we are not able to do the same due to our time constraints. It's so nice to spend time with people I grew up with, and it's sad that I don't get enough time with them. I keep saying every trip to India that I want to visit more often, but it just does not happen. Maybe now that we're done with school and such, we can make this trip every couple of years, but I'm sure careers and kids will intervene. Also, it's unfortunate that I just don't know some younger cousins as well as I know the older ones, simply because they've grown up during the years we've been in the US.

We headed to a nearby mall to kill some time. It's nice to see a blend of Eastern and Western stores. My favorite part is the food court as it's all vegetarian here, and I have a smorgasbord of choices (unlike in American malls, where I can usually only eat at 1 place).

Ate lunch with my aunt and family, and then headed for the airport. The taxi driver tried to rip us off, which is typical but still pisses me off, but I managed to not let him get away with it.

We're headed to Bangalore, in south India... more on that in subsequent postings.

No comments: