Dec 5, 2007

Malaria pills...

I only post to this weekly because I feel like there's nothing new to say in getting ready for the trip. We're still trying to get ready, get things done, etc. But I suppose there are adventures to doing that too... plus, I didn't post about my solo outing to a social event the other day. It was definitely a moment for me, but I'll get to it another time. I'd rather tell you this...

We started taking a weekly malaria pill last week (2nd dose this past Sunday). Needless to say, the side effects are better than the disease itself, but they're not fun. I have been feeling queasy all day today, and whenever it's been a few hours since my last meal, I am ravenous, as if I can't get a meal quick enough. I know, I know, this could be symptoms of other things, but M is feeling them too, and they started last week. The pill can also make you dizzy, so every now and then, when I get up from a chair, my head spins!

I noticed recently that I've been losing weight, but M helped me realize today that this pill is probably why. He thinks it's affecting our metabolism, hence the weight loss and hunger. I suppose if it's still an issue once we return from India (having been fed at every turn by relatives, I'm sure), I'll worry about it. We have to take this pill for 4 weeks after we return though.

Meanwhile, it's crunch time. In spite of my many efforts, I do think we'll get more rushed and stressed as Saturday approaches. We simply need to go ahead and pack a couple of bags and we'll be on track... so I better hop to it!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for sharing your blog, Namita. I am enjoying it! I didn't realize your trip was coming up so quickly. So much for thinking we could get together next week. Travel well, my friend. I look forward to seeing you upon your return. Be safe & feel better!

Peace...Sharon