The long flight back (which really is longer than the flight there... something about tail winds or earth rotation, I'm not entirely sure) did not seem as long to me. I think I was so tired from our running around and staying up late the past few days, that I slept more.
We're both off today, and while there are things I appreciate about being home, I really miss India and my family there, and have spent most of the day moping around. I'm mainly doing the moping, and M has thankfully been a little more cheerful. It's always hard for me to come back from any trip I've enjoyed, even more so when returning from India, and even more so this time.
My car wouldn't start yesterday when we got to my parents house from the airport (we'd left it there). M realized that the security system in it drained the battery. We gave it a jump from my parents' car and drove home, figuring that was the end of it. M tried to drive it today to run to the grocery store for a couple of things and it wouldn't start again. He gave it a jump from his car and decided to drive it for a longer distance thinking that's what the battery needed to be fully charged. He called when done at Costco to say the car wouldn't start again, and the Costco people can't give him a jump due to liability issues! I don't know how to drive his car (it's a manual) to drive over there, and AAA would take too long (not to mention that I'm the member and I'm at home). I called my bro and he's driving over there with jumper cables. M is then going to go buy a new battery so that I can go to work tomorrow. We figure between the fact that the battery is 5 years old, and having the car sit there for 4 weeks, it's dead! It's just not a problem we need today... talk about back to reality!
1 comment:
welcome home Namita!
Post a Comment