Jan 17, 2008

Delaware / Being sick

M and I drove up to DE over the weekend to see his family and pick up Merlin. It was good to spend the 24 hours with family... it's amazing how we've gotten used to having family around us all the time and absence of the same is too quiet and unsettling. I was convinced Merlin wouldn't remember us but M has more faith and he was right (as usual). In the past few days, Merlin has gotten used to being home, and it's so nice to have him back with us!

Ugh, I have been sick now for 2 weeks. I got a cold the day we were at that temple in India, which was literally on Wed 2 weeks ago, and I still have it. It's had its ebbs and flows, and to make a long story short, I finally took antibiotics to get rid of the sinus infection it had become. I think I'll be fine by the end of this week, but I am tired of the lingering remnants, and of being tired! I am typically a highly energetic, self motivated individual and coming back from vacation and being sick for 2 weeks has not helped me get back to that! My Mom has talked me into using a neti pot once I am better in order to prevent this from recurring as often as it does with me. I'd say the first time I use it will definitely be a 'moment' worth blogging about.

No comments: