Jan 4, 2008

Jan 3

I've had a cold for the past couple of days, and I hate it. I'm taking meds so it feels better than before, but it's making me tired, and I simply don't have time left to rest and do nothing. I can't believe I've gotten sick twice while here (although in very different ways). I'm convinced that we live in such sterile environments in the US that my immune system is no longer equipped to handle India. I also think it might be different if I made it here more frequently, so that's my goal now. I absolutely cannot let another 7 years go by before I make it back.

We're pretty much spending as much time with family as possible, taking care of last minute errands and visits, and (unfortunately) starting to think about our departure on Saturday. M and I have yet to go see my parents' place here, but I think we're doing so today (my parents and bro already went once). We just packed 1 suitcase, and need to knock out another one in order to make sure everything will fit! I called the airlines and confirmed our tickets to fly back.

No comments: