Feb 6, 2008

Working out

I went to the Y today, after a long absence. I've always been a fairly disciplined person (although less so as I get older!), but I cannot garner the discipline to go work out on a regular basis!

I watch Dr. Oz, I read a lot, etc. and I KNOW all the benefits of exercising regularly, but I just can't seem to do it. I have tried to establish a reward system for myself and that didn't work. I know the buddy system is supposed to work, and I haven't tried that. Most of my friends either work out far more regularly, and therefore strenuously, than I do, or don't work out at all, or live elsewhere. My live-in buddy (i.e. M) is not motivated to work out either, so he and I are not good for each other in this regard. We talk all the time about how we should go work out, but we rarely go together.

Maybe instead of paying for a Y membership, I should buy some DVDs and weights and do it at home? Is that likely to work for me on a regular basis? Something's gotta give...

No comments: