Feb 6, 2008

Wknd of Feb 2

M & I drove up to Durham for the day to visit with N&M W and their newest addition. He's so tiny... not really any smaller than he should be I'm told, but I've just never been around newborns so I hadn't realized how small they are. They're all doing well, and it was so nice to spend some time with them.

I realized I better build some upper body muscle before I have any kids. I'm a weakling anyway when it comes to arm strength, and I've always been rather embarrassed by it. I have plenty of friends who are as petite as me but much stronger. While holding the baby, my right arm started to hurt. I think I was tense in holding him because I always think babies are fragile and was acting accordingly until I got used to him laying in my arms. Our friends were quick to point out that I should make myself comfortable first and gave me a pillow to support my arm. But still, I need to lift some weights!

On Sunday, we went to my parents' house to watch the Super Bowl with them. I think it's funny that they have a bigger TV than we do! My Mom makes some of the same snacks that she's made for years for this game, and it's comfort food to me!

No comments: