Mar 19, 2008

Obama event in Charlotte

I signed up for emails from the Obama campaign a long time ago, long before I decided I wanted to support him, so that I could "keep an eye" on what he was about. Well, I got an email yesterday saying he was going to be in Charlotte holding a town hall meeting on 3/19. I have been saying lately that I want to go see/hear him speak live if the opportunity were to present itself within 100 miles or so. Well, here was my opportunity!

I couldn't find anyone to go with me, but I went ahead and sent in my RSVP to get a (free) ticket. I heard on NPR on the way home that these tickets "sold out" in 2 hours, so I'm very glad I didn't wait around to find someone who could accompany me.

I am really looking forward to this, although a little nervous about going by myself. Stay tuned for an update on how it was...

No comments: