Apr 23, 2008

5th Anniversary!

Our 5th anniversary was this past Saturday, and we made a fun weekend out of it.

Fri night - went to an Indian movie, thinking it would be typical light, fun Bollywood fare. It was actually very serious and sad, but about relationships, so it fit in nicely with the theme of the weekend to celebrate marriage.

Sat - M surprised me with a dozen pink roses (yay!) and a cookbook I had mentioned I wanted (Deceptively Delicious, in case you care). We went to see the St. Jude show house, a $2.5 million home that you pay a ticket to go see, and all of the ticket proceeds go to St. Jude's. M wanted to check it out so we did, and it was AMAZING! I am completely ruined for any future home purchase. See pics on Flickr to get an idea of why! We also had a nice dinner at Dolce.

Sun - a couple-friend bought a house, so we went to their housewarming party. Had a lot of fun spending time with a bunch of friends, and even played a game of Taboo at the end of the night.

It was a great weekend... nothing like celebrating 5 years of marriage to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

3 comments:

noyski said...

Namita! I'm shocked -- I thought you were anti-board-games. That's it. We're playing dominoes next time you're in town :)

NB said...

I typically am, but this time I was seriously outnumbered! I liked it enough though to reconsider my position, for now...

Jen said...

Aww, how sweet! Let me know how you like that cookbook...I need to get some more veggies into my family's diet!