M, like most husbands or men I'm sure, doesn't really like to talk. He rarely says "let's talk," or "we need to talk," and what is even more frustrating is he is rarely responsive to my frequent needs to talk, which can create friction between us. So, I have had to learn when to talk to him - i.e. on road trips, in small snippets, etc.
Imagine my surprise when he and I ended up having a good, long talk yesterday without my trying. We happened to be talking about the state of world affairs (rising fuel prices/food shortages/consumerism, etc.) and sat down to watch a movie. Somehow we morphed into talking about our lives and wants and dreams and marriage, and never actually hit play on the movie. It was almost an hour later when I looked at the time. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't really tell you what we resolved in this talk, but somehow life just seems more settled...
No comments:
Post a Comment