May 30, 2008

High school visit

I still live in the same city where I went to high school, yet it had been about 10 years since I had been on the campus itself. My friend TZ was in town, with a special friend of hers, and she wanted to show him where we went to high school, hence the reason for our visit. The place has hardly changed... Walking around brought back some great memories (I suppose the not so great ones are buried?!)... It was interesting to walk down the same walkway where I had first noticed M and pointed out to a friend that he was cute - I suppose the rest is history!

The funniest part of the visit was a small courtyard bordered by bricks engraved with people's names. People had actually bought bricks engraved with their high school boy/girl friend's name with their own. It's sorta like getting a tattoo with your partner's name - the relationship is doomed!

It hasn't been THAT long since high school. I'm certainly not that far away in terms of distance. I married my high school sweetheart. My one best friend now was also my best friend then. My other best friend is TZ (although we weren't quite the BFFs we are now)... and yet, high school might as well have been on another planet in another lifetime!

1 comment:

filmcrit said...

That was truly an interesting trip down memory lane. Of course, now I know what older folks meant when they would say, "If I only knew then what I know now." C'est la vie.