We have a few bottle charms, the kind that help you keep track of your drink at a party, and it was easily decided that I should have the one labeled "Type A" (other options were Princess, Jock, Shy Guy, Rockstar, and 1 more). I don't like being called Type A, because I see it as derogatory, but I must admit that is who I am. I tell you all this because my Type A personality means I tend to get rather worked up about having people over, regardless of who it is, and it's been a long time since I had more than 1 friend/couple/family over at a time. In spite of my hesitation, M and I invited 12 adults + 2 kids to our house this past Saturday. After much time making lists, cleaning, decluttering, grocery shopping, and prepping/cooking the food, I must say we were finally ready to have everyone over (M helped a lot).
It turned out to be only 8 of us, and we had a fabulous time. The food and drinks were plentiful (maybe too much so as we're still eating leftovers), the laughter was free flowing, and we all had a ball. M ended up wearing his meal because his plate was too far over the table and it flipped on him; later, his spoon broke and the brownie/ice cream ended up on the floor! I have known him for years and never seen him do anything like that, much less twice... it was hilarious! Merlin also provided much humor - 2 of our male friends were much more worried about what the cat was doing than any of the girls (I should mention that all our guests were Indian and 99.9% of Indian people have never had a pet, nor much interaction with one). We even played a game at the end of the night, before everyone headed home.
I think this party definitely put me more at ease about having people over, and I'd love to do it again in a few months (any sooner is just not going to happen given everyone's schedules). And, I am still enjoying my nice, clean, uncluttered house!
No comments:
Post a Comment