May 8, 2008

They want me to SHOP!

Have you signed up to get emails from any places where you shop? I get a few of these, from Ann Taylor Loft, RedEnvelope, etc. and I have noticed that they are rather persistent these days in terms of trying to get your $. In the past I got maybe 1 email/week, but right now, I get something everyday from each of them! Most of the time I delete them without even looking, because I just don't want to spend $, or don't want to spend $ on whatever they are trying to sell. It makes sense that they want a piece of my hard-earned dollar... retailers' earnings are lower, stock prices are falling, consumer confidence is low, and they are trying to stop the situation from getting worse. They think if they send me one more enticing email, I will be prompted to push aside any resolve I have and spend my money with them. It almost worked today. Ann Taylor (not Loft) sent an email offer that was only good for today giving me $15 off ANY purchase in their store. It just so happens that I was going to be near the mall, so I thought I would stop by and check it out. I haven't really liked AT's offerings for a while now, and didn't today. The couple of things I did like were so expensive that $15 off was not going to make a dent. Now if it had been good at AT Loft, I'm sure I would have found something- one because their styles are more to my liking, and two because their prices are lower. Anyway, they might have gotten me in their store this time, but it won't work again. Meanwhile, I'm contemplating unsubscribing...

No comments: