May 3, 2008

Wachovia Championship & events

Wachovia hosts a lot of events during the week of the Wachovia Championship, and one of which is specific to women customers and employees. I got to go last year and this year, and it has definitely become a highlight. Lisa Ling spoke last year and gave an inspiring presentation of her work; Dee Dee Myers and Torie Clark spoke this year, resulting in a very thought-provoking discussion re: politics. The keynote speakers and planned activities leave you feeling very good about being women at the end of the day! We were then bused to the golf tournament, where I socialized in our tent and actually saw very little golf. For my activity during the event, I chose to do the "golf clinic" again (did the same last year). I had more fun this time, and managed to do a little better when teeing off and putting. I have been thinking for 1+ year now whether to take up golf, and the thinking continues...

Why is it that when I left, I had major symptoms of allergies?! Those symptoms continue today, leading me to conclude that living here this long has finally succumbed me to suffering from allergies. I went and bought some Zyrtec so I could get through the weekend.

M & I are planning to go watch a lot of golf tomorrow and Sunday; I'm looking forward to the golf, the time with him, and wearing the new visor I bought! I'm also excited my parents are coming on Sunday as this will be their first time.

No comments: