As our trip comes to a close, we decided to spend the day at our favorite beach, Baie Rouge, and do a couple of things we meant to do but hadn't gotten around to yet. Baie Rouge was great again, and we spent about 3 hours there, enjoying sun, sand and surf. We left to grab a late lunch, and then drove to Maho Bay to watch airplanes land a few feet from the beach and take pictures of same. Don't think many people know that I love watching airplanes! Typically, when at home, I watch airplanes in the sky with some amount of envy, wishing I was on them regardless of where they might be headed (can you tell I love to travel?!). This was the first time I got to watch airplanes take off and NOT wish I were on them because I was perfectly happy where I was! We missed taking pictures of the big jets as they landed, but we did get a couple of good shots of the smaller turbo props as they skimmed over the beach... very cool!
Having gotten enough of that, and with sunlight to burn, we decided to explore one more beach that we had not been to, Baie de Prunes (or Plum Bay). We stuck around long enough to watch the sunset, which worked out very well for not having planned it!! After getting cleaned up, we headed to an Indian restaurant for dinner. Having seen so many Indian restaurants here, we couldn't resist eating at one to see how different/similar it would be. I picked one that we had passed on the road many times (very scientific, I know) and it turned out to be a good one. It was packed with locals the whole time, and the food was great! It had many of the same dishes we're used to, and many that made sense for a place surrounded by water (but not of interest to us). A couple of mudslides/guavaberry coladas later, we're ready to call it a night/week.
No comments:
Post a Comment