Sep 2, 2008

DC Days 3-4

M & I and our cousin PK took the Metro from their house in Oakton to DC around 11a. It was another busy day of sightseeing (my own idea so not complaining), and we saw: National Building Museum (the gift shop was the best part!), National Portrait Gallery (mainly for the photo of Michael Phelps!), Old Post Office (did not get to go up the tower as they closed right when we got there... oh well, another time), Natural History Museum (saw the Hope Diamond, and other gems). There was a Zara practically next to the H&M, and I had a great time shopping at both! It's been years since I've been in a Zara (takes me back to my study-abroad days in Seville), and it was my 1st time in a H&M. I bought a few tops, which will keep me happy going into Fall. We took the Metro back to Oakton around 7p, and then hung out, ate dinner, etc.

Left my aunt's place around 11a on Monday morning, with the intention of making a quick stop at the Ikea in Woodbridge, off of 95, on the way home. 2+ hours later, we finally headed home, arriving around 8p. Not exactly our best idea, as I was rather exhausted from all of this walking we'd been doing for 4 days! I also hadn't slept well the whole weekend, nor long enough, so, taking an unplanned day off today just to recover, which makes me feel sad (i.e. am I getting old?), and guilty (for taking the day off).

No comments: