Oct 8, 2008

ATL + more job uncertainty

I was driving to work on Fri morning when I heard that my company had made a new deal to be sold to a different company. So, it was another surreal day at work. I was glad to get away from it all by going to ATL for the wknd. M was unable to go due to school work, and I was quite bummed about that. However, it was nice to spend time with my parents and bro on the drive to/from. We hung out with some cousins, and I had a nice (albeit short) visit with TZ, to celebrate her 30th birthday! We went to Palate in Oakhurst (I'm amazed by all the neighborhoods in/around ATL) and had a fun time. Although I received many ?s about my company/job status, it was great to escape the Internet and my tendency as of late to check the news all-the-time for updates on what has transpired with the company. I'm glad I got the small break, because this week has brought its own challenges, what with the company engaged in lawsuits and negotiations, and more uncertainty on what the end result will be.

No comments: