"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
Oct 2, 2008
What a week (& it's only Wed)!
Drove to work on Mon morning, only to find that the company was being sold to a bigger company! While that does remove some of the uncertainty of the past few days, it just creates new questions. Mergers move at a snail's pace, and it will be a while before everything is normalized, and we know whether we have jobs or not. As if that's not enough news for a week... I was driving home last night, after having drinks for a friend's birthday, when the "check engine" light started blinking and the car started vibrating. Every time I pressed the gas or the brake, I could feel the vibration. I managed to make it home, and M and I took it to the dealership this morning. I can't even begin to tell you what they said was wrong with it, but it sounded legit to M, so V-dub is spending the day getting fixed. If we cough up close to $1k, we can bring it home. That would be bad enough any week, but this week it's about to put us over the edge. Did I mention that M had 2 exams and 2 projects due this week? That's in addition to helping with aforementioned craziness in wife's life. Trying to keep in mind that a lot of people have it a lot worse, and reading this blog entry is helping me stay calm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment