Feb 22, 2009

Wedding Festivities

The Sangeet (song/dance), Wedding and Reception evenings went by in a blur of activity, changing sarees or outfits, and lack of sleep. They all were fun, and the whole group of us Shahs (from Ahmedabad, India and US) were able to spend time together. The highlight for me was getting to spend time with my cousin, the groom, not only before the wedding but also sitting in the car with him for his arrival as his cousin "sister" (see pics for details). We also managed to sneak in a tour of Muscat City the day of the reception (since it was in the evening). We saw Al Bustan (a beautiful palace hotel), the Sultan's palace, the Grand Mosque in Oman, a mall and a supermarket. I had so much fun and talked so much with my family that I think I've lost my voice, and am still paying for it 2 days later... Either that or I'm getting sick because my throat hurts like hell!

No comments: