Aug 23, 2009

Wknd of Aug 21

My BFF NW has a big birthday coming up, and her hubby planned a little party for her on Fri night in Winston-Salem (where her sis lives). The venue of choice was 6th & Vine, one of those cute food-wine-drinks-hangout places that you wish there were more of. M and I decided to make it a date night by having a nice dinner there; we were also celebrating my recent promotion at work (I am finally a Relationship Manager!). We then joined everyone for drinks. It was a small group, and we had a great time! One of my "rules" is to "show up for people," and every time I do, I'm glad I did.

We got home late on Fri night/Sat morn, and have had a pretty lazy wknd ever since. I'm actually just glad to be home, since the last 2 wknds + Fri night were spent out of town. Now I need to run and do the usual Sunday thing, with errands, etc.

1 comment:

filmcrit said...

I like that rule: "show up for people." I wish more folks had the same conviction!