"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
May 4, 2010
Too much excitement
To recap our current state of affairs: my last day at "the bank" was Fri, 4/30, we are moving to Arlington in a few short days, I start my new job the day after, we are putting our house on the market, and we have a baby on the way. As I've been told repeatedly, that's 3 of the 4 major life changes taking place within a few short months. So, of course something unexpected had to occur to add to the excitement... M locked out his knee a few days ago which required surgery to repair. It was a torn meniscus, and has a comparatively short recovery time, but it's just not what we needed with our mile-long to-do list! His surgery was this morning; the doc said it went well and the problem has been fixed. I'm very thankful for that. Now M just needs lots of rest so swelling doesn't become an issue. What I need is to "act with resilience" (my new favorite phrase), go with the flow, just do what I can, and let go of the rest. Yes, lots of cliches, but with all these life changes, I need 'em all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment