May 9, 2010

On the road...

On the road to VA and M's driving for a bit. In spite of his knee surgery a few days ago, there was no way he was going to let me drive the whole way, and I wasn't too keen on doing so anyway.

Our car is jam-packed!! AND we gave a few things to a friend to take back up for us (she lives near our new address, and is in town for a friend's party). Poor Merlin is sitting on a cooler because the back seat is completely full! This is the first move for M & me... clearly lots of lessons learned, but overall we did pretty well. Hopefully in the future, we do even better and with less stuff!

I didn't think moving/leaving had hit me until all of a sudden it did as I saw the locked front door and we were about to pull away. Both of our bros helped us a TON and it hit me as they were leaving (and right after I'd spoken to my parents) that we were leaving family and our life behind. I got all teary but thankfully I was driving and had to nip it in the bud.

Those emotions may still show up but for now, I'm cherishing feeling relieved at having our long to-do list behind us. I can now focus on the next thing, which is the "meet & greet" tomorrow and starting my new job on Monday!

No comments: