May 26, 2010

Wknd of May 21

I had an unexpected (mostly) free day on Fri, which was lovely. M & I ran some errands, relaxed the rest of the day and waited on my family to arrive. They got in around 8:30p, we ate pizza, and caught up on the past couple of weeks. Spent Sat walking around DC, visiting with cousins in the area, and there was more eating and hanging out. On Sun, spent the morning with family, and then they hit the road. I took a long nap, and then did homework (sad, but true).

It was so nice to spend time with my parents and bro. I must admit I also enjoyed my Mom taking care of me and cooking for us. We have a fridge full of food to enjoy! It takes on a whole new meaning when they live 6 hours away vs. in the same city. We're going to see them in 2 weeks yet I was still sad to see them go. What am I going to do/think/feel when we're in an entirely different country?!

No comments: