Oct 31, 2010

En route to post

6 checked bags, 3 carry-on suitcases, a stroller, a car seat, a diaper bag, a messenger bag with laptop, a purse, a Boppy pillow, and a tote... Did you keep up with all that? We barely did! Yes, that's us as we make our way to Bridgetown. We are in Puerto Rico from 11:30a on Oct 30 to 7:30p on Nov 1. I have meetings here on Monday and we decided to make a weekend of it.

In the past few weeks we have learned just how much stuff we have. I could quantify it for you in pounds but won't. No one ever thinks they have as much stuff as they do and we were no different. However, to survive and thrive in this new life we have chosen, we are simply going to have to pare down. We cannot move every 2-3 years and deal with all this STUFF! I was amused and mildly embarrassed to be seen with all of the above at Dulles and San Juan airports. I know people around us were thinking 'who takes this much stuff to vacation in Puerto Rico for a few days?' Of course they have no way of knowing we are in the process of moving. I wish I could have worn a sign explaining, but then again, who cares what others think?

S did so well in our travels today. He was asleep in his car seat when we left the apartment. He woke up for a few minutes to be changed, looked around the airport and then fell asleep again before we boarded the plane. I woke him up to nurse during the flight, he was awake a few minutes thereafter, during which he smiled and looked around, and then fell asleep again. Then he woke up after we arrived in our hotel room! He was in his car seat for most of this; we have determined that he is quite comfortable in it, and we are so glad that continued on an airplane. We can only hope he will always be so easy to handle during our travels.

1 comment:

Liz Jones said...

So exciting! Have a safe trip, Namita, and keep posting!