Oct 29, 2010

Ugh, swimsuit shopping

When one is going to be living on a tropical island for 2 years, any swimsuits previously owned just do not seem adequate. So, I had to engage in the dreaded swimsuit shopping trip recently. Being very pregnant and/or giving birth during the summer months is not conducive to swimsuit shopping; because I had to engage in the dreaded task in October, I ended up paying a pretty penny at a specialty shop. UGH! I am not back to my pre-pregnancy physical self due to lack of time to exercise, and I expect to attend beach gatherings with work colleagues and their families, so modesty was in order. In spite of my not-so-cheerful attitude about the whole business, I have to admit I found a very nice 1 piece in a beautiful purple, and a tankini in brown with gold accents. Now I just have to work up the courage to try on all those old bathing suits to see how things stand there......

No comments: