Apr 6, 2008

Visit to Durham

I had to be in Fuquay Varina, NC for work on Thursday and Friday (a long story and I won't get into it here). Already being in that area, I had the opportunity to visit my friends N&M W and their baby! It was so good to spend time with NW and catch up, as we haven't talked much since the baby arrived. I think I talked her head off, as I'm known to do sometimes, and I hope she didn't mind me intruding with my excitement in her quiet world. It was also good to spend time with their baby M, who is doing a little more now than the last time I saw him, although he mainly eats and sleeps. He is very cute! It was amazing for me to watch their 3-some... the baby only arrived 2+ months ago, but I feel like the parents are already experts at what he needs. Does that come naturally? I hope so. I came home full of stories to tell M about babies, parenting, motherhood, etc.

A couple of times during the visit, I thought to myself how surreal it was that my friend since 9th grade is now a mother. But mostly, I found myself admiring her for how easily and well she has taken to that new role.

1 comment:

noyski said...

It was great to see you too. Don't worry -- I think some of Motherhood comes instinctively everything else you need to know/do comes when you're forced to be home alone with a baby for 3 months :)