Jun 29, 2008

Saturday afternoon

I attended the United Negro College Fund's Maya Angelou Women Who Lead Luncheon today. This was another one of those opportunities/perks that come up through work due to the company's philanthropic efforts. It was such a great event: positive message, huge fundraiser for the UNCF, beautiful women in their nice dresses and hats. Their was even a hat competition (no, I did not participate in it nor did I wear a hat since I don't even own one), which means there were a lot of great hats, and a few that gave you pause! Dr. Maya Angelou lends her name to it each year, without a fee, and therefore speaks at it. She is phenomenal, and it was great to hear her speak! She has a terrific sense of humor too, which surprised me, as I never expect serious, award-winning people to crack jokes! It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon...

The lunch was held at the Westin in uptown, which is gearing up for a Porsche Club of America event tomorrow. I have never seen so many Porsches in a parking deck! And the rest of the cars were Mercedes, Lexus or BMW - because you know, if your 1 car is a Porsche, chances are the other car is not a Honda ;)

No comments: