Jul 8, 2008

July 4th wknd

M had to work over the weekend, so it was fairly low key, but we still managed to have a good time. Friday night- we went to the house of some friends who live in Uptown, and it was fabulous to hang out and party, then head up to their rooftop terrace and watch fireworks! I took pictures but they didn't turn out well, so I'm not posting them. I spent most of Saturday at my parents' house, and M joined us after work. They were having a lot of family over, just because, and we hung out on their new deck eating black bean burgers and roasted corn, etc. It's been a while since I've spent a lazy day with family, and it was great! Plus, it's not summer until I've had some roasted corn, Indian-style (you roast corn on the cob on a grill/stove, you mix some salt and red pepper, dip a lemon/lime cut in half in the spicy mixture and rub it over the corn... mm mm good!). I really needed 3 days away from work, to relax, read, hang out with people, and get my mind back in order, and it worked!

No comments: