"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
Jul 10, 2008
Wedding sari in museum exhibit
My wedding sari is going to be part of an exhibit at the Levine Museum of the New South, from Feb 2009 to 2010! I met with the curator today and gave it to her. This all came about through a friend who is friends with someone who works there. They asked her to contribute some Indian clothes incl her wedding sari, but her sister now wants to borrow it to wear for her own wedding. So, she asked a few of us and I said I would do it. I will post more details closer to when the exhibition opens. Who knew that 5 years later, it would get to do something so much more exciting than sit in my closet?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment