I went to the Opening Reception for the Changing Places exhibit at the Levine Museum of the New South today. I mentioned before that my wedding sari is on display as part of this exhibit, and now, there are also short video snippets of my "story" (answers to certain questions they ask). I went with my friend DW, and a coworker SM, and I talked them into recording the videos too! Who knows- you might see us on You Tube, on their PBS Special, etc. (at least that's what it said on the release you agree to when you do it). I've posted pictures from it on my Flickr page.
By the way, the exhibit is "a multipart, year-long project exploring how people in the Charlotte region are dealing with the growing cultural diversity and change created by the influx of newcomers from across the U.S. and around the globe." If you live in the area, or know others who do, go/tell them to check it out. It's unlike any museum exhibit you have likely seen in the past... it's a very visual, multi-media, touch-and-feel kind of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment