Feb 12, 2009

The storm before the calm?

It must be one of those rules in life that things get crazy right before a vacation/trip, and I tend to get myself into too much anyway even in a regular week. It's not that I don't know how to say "no," it's that I usually don't want to! Sat: did a bunch of things around the house; at night, we went out with friends and were out quite late (or early ;) depending on your perspective). Sun: slept in, and then ran errands frantically in order to get things done, and then practiced (more on that in a future post). Work is always busy before you have to leave because we all want to leave things just right, and my week is no different. Mon evening: went to the Levine Museum of the New South to put up my wedding sari on a mannequin, as part of an upcoming exhibit (more on that in a future post). Tues eve: had dinner with a friend whom I see once every few months. Wed eve: UNC v. Dook game, and I watched it with my roommate from fresh-soph years who now lives in CLT. Thurs: was s'posed to be Book Club but I just had to bail on that (haven't read the book and just not up for it). Fri eve: reception at the Levine Museum for their new exhibit, and I def don't want to miss that. Somewhere in all of this, I've had to start packing, making phone calls to get things done related to overseas travel (i.e. flagging credit cards for usage there, calling VZ to see about charges related to usage there, etc.), etc. But, as a good friend put it today, "at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel! You get to go on vacation!!"

No comments: