"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
May 12, 2009
Ho-hum
Life has been way too ordinary as of late. I remind myself to be thankful for that though because, as a glance at the news will tell you, it could be worse. I must admit that I'm sad we have no "big" trips planned later this year, but we have enjoyed the normalcy of being at home. I have some things to look forward to: Othello by NC Dance Theater later this week with a new friend; visiting the Ws in Durham, and seeing their new baby!; The Color Purple with my Mom in August; and a week in DE with M's family coming up shortly. It'll be nice to spend time with them, it's a nice reprieve from work, and should include some beach time! Plus, the summer always brings fun things to do around town, like the Symphony concerts at SouthPark, Alive after 5, etc. It's all in your perspective and expectations, I suppose, and I am working on adjusting mine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's nice to have a little normalcy! Looking forward to seeing you later in June!
Post a Comment