"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
May 29, 2009
Week in DE
M and I (and let's not forget Merlin) have spent this past week in Delaware, visiting his parents and bro. Unlike our other trips as of late, notice that I did not post daily about our doings. That's because we haven't done anything that would be interesting for you to read! The weather has not cooperated... who would've thought the end of May to be cool and wet the way it has? I don't do the beach unless the temp hits 80, and while we briefly walked on Rehoboth Beach yesterday, it was foggy, windy, and for me, cold. I did try saltwater taffy for the first time, and liked it. We have mostly read (I finished the Twilight series, among other things), watched a couple of movies, tried out the Wii Fit, rode bicycles around the neighborhood, etc. We were planning to go to Cape May via the Cape May-Lewes ferry, but that didn't work out since the shuttles don't run daily until June 15 (it wasn't worth it, $ wise, to take our car over). This has been a staycation with benefits... i.e. visiting family, change of scenery, and when you're not at home, you can't feel guilty about all the things you should've gotten done but didn't (and let's face it, we would not have gotten them done!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the idea of you and M riding bikes in DE. How cute!
Post a Comment