A World Cup Exhibition (aka "friendly") match was held in Charlotte earlier this week between Mexico and Iceland. M is a huge fan of soccer (he used to play, wishes he still could) and since this was the closest we were going to get to the World Cup, of course we went! There were 8 of us (including my bro) and it was fun to go with a big group. I have now seen firsthand how crazy soccer fans really are... or I should clarify and say I have now seen how animated and enthusiastic fans of Mexico really are! We would have been hard-pressed to find a single fan of Iceland!
The game ended with a score of 0-0, which was disappointing. With it being an exhibition game, they did not go into overtime nor did they have a shoot-out (which we would have loved to see!). All in all, it was a great time, and I'm glad we did something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment