Today has not been in our favor. We arrived in Arlington just before midnight and "checked into" our new apartment home. The lady at the front desk was the most unreasonably unpleasant person I have come across in recent memory, and not what one needs at midnight after a 6 hour drive. We unpacked a few things from the car and tried to get some sleep. Given all of the stress and work of the past few days, it was no surprise that M's knee was giving him a lot of trouble and he was up every hour or so. I was too since I was worried about him, and having a heck of a time getting used to a new bed. Anyway, we began a new day in our new home and quickly learned that our car had been towed the night before! Apparently, aforementioned rude lady had not given us a crucial parking sticker, so even though we had an access card to the parking deck, no sticker on car meant car gets towed. We could have taken a cab but chose to wait on my cousin (who was planning to visit us today anyway) to give us a ride to pick up the car. We went to one location to learn that our car was in fact at a different location. We finally picked up our car and unloaded the rest of our stuff. I then went to take a shower before an evening event and learned that the 'thingamajig' that lets you "transfer" the water from faucet to shower wasn't working in our apartment! Seriously?
A quick "bath" later, we headed to the Meet & Greet event organized at a DC bar for our class and families. This was the best part of our day, hands down. Here was the reason behind all of these life changes, all of these hassles. Meeting and talking with some of the people who are going to start the new job with me tomorrow, and ones who are done with training and can help guide us, was a wonderful break from the transition drama. As I start my new job tomorrow, I am very optimistic that the rest will fall into place!
1 comment:
Well, I am glad you arrived safely and got everything squared away! I still can't believe that you're in DC, preggo, and starting a new job! If anyone can do it all at once, it's you! Best wishes on your first day at work! :)
Post a Comment