It's amazing the difference made by a few days... while Day 1 was rough, and Day 2 and 3 weren't necessarily easy, it is now Friday and I can look back and say we have come a long way!
We have some food in the house, we are mostly unpacked, I have figured out transportation at least as it relates to getting to-from work, I have made new friends, Merlin is pretty settled into his routine, the new bed has become comfortable, etc. M attended an orientation for spouses yesterday, and it's so cute that he is starting to use some of the same acronyms and lingo that I now use. We really do feel like this new career (=lifestyle) is something we are doing together, and these little things help a great deal. His knee is also MUCH better after a couple of much-needed rest days (moving within days after surgery was hell on recovery).
I am thrilled the weekend is here. Need to get some rest, finish settling into new home, get more food, explore the area, visit cousins, etc. Oh, and did I mention I have a ton of work-related homework? The best part is I don't really mind that last bit... yes, I really do love this new gig, and it is a wonderful feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment