Jun 9, 2010

First assignment

I'm in my 5th and final week of orientation... I learned the location of my first assignment yesterday in a ceremony very appropriately known as Flag Day. We are going to Bridgetown, Barbados in November as my first 2-year assignment!!!! YES, you read that correctly... Barbados! It was definitely not expected, but certainly will be enjoyed :) Still waiting to find out certain details, but we now know the place and know the estimated timing of our departure from the U.S. In the interim, I will be in more training, and having baby/taking maternity leave.

On the baby front, had an OB appointment today and we are both doing well. I'll be going weekly from now on. We are busy with preparations for his arrival, and taking advantage of these last few weeks of just the 2 of us.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Enjoy those last few weeks because it will never be the same. So cliche, but so true! Can't wait to see pics of the little man!