Yet another month has flown by, and I want to take the time to reflect on its highlights. My parents hosted a baby shower for us in CLT on June 5. It was a very quick trip for us, but a nice one. We celebrated the pending arrival of our 1st child with many friends and family at the shower, and it was wonderful! Much of our family then went to dinner that night to celebrate my Uncle's recent 50th birthday, and we were glad to be a part of it. Can't take for granted anymore being there for such things since we're now a 6 hour drive away, and about to be an-at least-that-long of a flight away.
The following weekend, M's parents spent the day with us. My cousins who live nearby came by that evening, so it was a relaxing day of staying home while having a house full of people at the same time. I got some much needed 'me' and nap time the next day when M went to hang out at those same cousins' house. I passed on the principle that I am making myself stay home, or very close to home, for the rest of my pregnancy weekends. It's the only way I know to not do too much!
My parents and bro came to visit us the 3rd weekend of June. They're taking advantage of spending time with us while we're still close by, plus pampering me in "my delicate condition." We are really enjoying all this time with our family, being fully aware that these types of weekends are going to be few and far between in the future. The 3 of them and M went to see The White House (again, and from the outside) and then went up the tower of The Old Post Office. I was sad that I was unable to go but I simply cannot walk/stand that much these days, and I didn't want to prevent them from getting a bit of DC sightseeing time.
This last weekend of June is about getting ready for the baby! We're approx. 2 weeks away from the due date, and we better get it done. Aside from being tired and uncomfortable a lot, all is well with me and baby.
Two of my close friends in CLT had their babies in the past 2 weeks. It is quite unreal to think of them as mothers, having grown up with them so to speak since we were in 8th-9th grade! Wish we could be there to see their newest additions, but that won't happen until we have our own new addition and make a trip to CLT!
And for the sake of posterity, let me also mention that M has been watching the World Cup pretty much non-stop when we're at home! To his credit, he has been taking a 2 week course with me at the training center, so he has missed out on some of the live action, but he makes up for it in the evenings ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment