Those of you who know me know that I am 1. a do-er and 2. not very patient. The last week or two, and more so the last few days, have really tested me on both accounts. It's no longer a matter of pushing myself, and more at a point where I need to listen to my body and just slow down, perhaps even come to a stop! I realized this when I was worn out from trips to the grocery store and to Target (not even in the same day). If I walk or stand too much, my lower back aches, my legs hurt, my feet start to swell, and I'm downright uncomfortable. I had grandiose notions of going to see the July 4th fireworks in DC; sadly I had to settle for watching them on TV when all the possibilities for seeing them live included walking, braving the crowds and being out for hours. I am consoling myself with the thought that I will be back in DC one day, and I can go see the fireworks then, perhaps with my little boy who will also enjoy them!
Thankfully, our corporate housing includes cable... but, one can only watch so much of The Food Channel (especially when even it is on reruns) and NCIS episodes (one of the channels has those on back to back all day, much to M's delight and my chagrin). The 2010 World Cup games have brought some excitement, but even they're down to a handful of teams. I didn't want the baby to come early, I was simply at a loss of how to spend my free time in which I was/am home-bound. So, the do-er in me went to the crafts store and picked out a cross-stitch project to commemorate the baby's birth! I've started it and set myself the goal of having it finished and framed before we leave for Barbados. Hold me to it, ok?!
M and I also went on a dinner-and-a-movie date one night and saw The A-Team. It was nice to just be the two of us, and the movie was fun! And now, we wait some more.......
1 comment:
And you have just seen possibly the last movie at a theater for 2010. Enjoy motherhood! :)
Post a Comment