Jul 31, 2010

Big Bundle of Joy

Whether you read this regularly or infrequently, you likely already know that our baby boy finally made his debut on July 17! He weighed 9 lbs 5 oz, was 21 inches in length, and shall be referred to as "S" here. Yes, I know, who would have thought I would have such a big baby?! It's been an interesting 2 weeks, but first, let me ask how has it been 2 weeks already? I echo the sentiment shared by parents everywhere about how time flies when it comes to their children growing up. As you can imagine, it has been an endless cycle of diaper changes, feeding, sleeping and crying/soothing around here. We are thankful that S is sleeping 3-4 hours at a time at night, but he hasn't been doing it so long that one can quite call it a pattern... we're simply crossing our fingers that it is one. My Mom was here for a few days, and what a God-send she was (well, mothers are that in general, but even more so when one becomes a new mother)! Food just showed up on the table, dishes just got done, and it was terrific to have her support in so many ways. Alas, she had to leave, so M and S and I are on our own. If you don't see regular posts for a little while, now you know why!

1 comment:

filmcrit said...

Sendin' love to the littlest B!