Aug 4, 2010

Oops: Soap v. Lotion

Our baby S has patches of dry skin, so while he was hanging out in his little rocker chair, I decided to rub in some lotion on his legs. When I was done doing so, something prompted me to look at the bottle I'd been using (maybe because my hands were sticky?!). Much to my dismay, I had been using the Aveeno Daily Care WASH and not the lotion! Ugh, guess I put the wrong bottle on the coffee table in a sleep deprived haze (to remind me to put lotion on him).

We managed to wash off the soap, and then I rubbed in a lot of lotion. I spent a few minutes feeling like a bad mother, until I realized (and M pointed it out too) that it was actually kind of funny. He also said it's likely to be one of many silly things that happen, and one day our son will laugh about it with us. :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, that so would never make you a bad mother! Isn't it crazy how the silliest things make us feel guilty or like we're not a good parent. Crazy!