"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well" - Diane Ackerman
May 2, 2011
Family visit II
We recently had our second "group" of visitors when M's parents came the week of Apr 23-30. It's amazing how caught up we have been in our daily routine over the past few weeks that we have hardly taken advantage of this beautiful island on which we live. It was nice to get a break from the norm with guests here to show around, so that we ourselves could get in some sightseeing! It also helped that in a span of 11 days, M and I went to work only 2; we enjoyed 2 long weekends thanks to 4 local holidays and a day of comp time. The weather was strange yet again, with lots of dark clouds and rain (makes me wonder if our guests bring this with them?!), but we managed to make the most of it. In what has quickly become a tradition, on their first day here we had a picnic on Farley Hill and then showed them around the East Coast of Barbados. Throughout the week, we went to a garden full of orchids, toured 2 different plantation homes, and enjoyed the breathtaking views at the island's northernmost point. They ventured out on their own to 2 museums, Mount Gay Rum, and a craft village/center. M accompanied them for an undersea voyage on Atlantis Submarine (baby and I stayed home due to height requirements they have for children for safety reasons). All in all, I think they had a lovely time here and got some much needed R&R. M & I enjoyed having family around and wished it wouldn't be many months before we see them again. And of course, perhaps most importantly, S loved all of the attention, extra play time and smiles/giggles he got from spending time with his grandparents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment