No blog post since June 5... how embarrassing! What have we been up to, you ask? Here is the quick version of how the past 1.5 months have flown by. I was very busy at work with not only my "day job" as the expression goes, but also the additional task of helping plan the Embassy's official Independence Day reception. The guest list is government and business contacts, so it has to be executed well. I was named the understudy, i.e. I get to lead the efforts in planning next year's event, so you better believe I was paying a lot of attention and taking good notes throughout the planning process this year. I was also the emcee at this year's event, and am very pleased I did well (based on feedback received). Kudos to M who stepped up to fill a gap by serving as the event photographer.
Sometime in June, I injured my right wrist during yoga class, and as you know, the world doesn't stop when you hurt something. Although it was sore and I stopped going to yoga to let it heal, I otherwise kept using it like I always do including picking up baby, etc. Well, peeling a bunch of potatoes was the last straw as I woke up one morning and could hardly move my right hand. The doc said to immobilize it for 2 weeks, which is easier said than done with an infant at home, and a job that requires computer usage and well, my right hand! But, with M's extra help at home, and colleagues at work who were also super supportive, I got through it. It feels much better now, and I'm happy to say I was able to return to yoga two days ago after a month's hiatus.
Other than those two big things that seemed to take over our lives for a little while, we had our normal routine (think back to previous post) and enjoyed introducing S to new things and watching him grow. More on S in the next post...
No comments:
Post a Comment