Feb 13, 2008

A baseball fundraiser

M and I went to the "1st Annual Night with the Knights," a baseball-themed event to benefit the United Way. There was an open bar, silent auction, dinner, and the keynote speaker was Ozzie Smith. I hate to admit that I had no idea who he was, but after tonight, I now know that he was quite the baseball player (that's an understatement!). He made a great speech about realizing his dream of playing baseball, and giving back to the community.

M knew who Ozzie was, and he'd seen him play back in the day, so he was excited about it. It started out as a favor to one of my coworkers, but we ended up having a nice time.

There was a framed, autographed Michael Jordan "23" jersey from his Carolina days that I would loved to bid on, BUT 1. where would I have hung it? and 2. the opening bid was $1495! Darn!

No comments: