One of my coworkers asked me to join him at this World Affairs Council event yesterday. It was basically an international trivia game, done as a fund raiser (with dinner, raffle tickets, and prizes for the winning team).
The teams were in tables of 8, however, we only had 6 people. There were 7 rounds with 10 questions each, worth 10 points each. The questions were hard, and that's coming from someone who considers herself fairly internationally aware! One round consisted solely of identifying flags, and we only managed to get 1 correct out of 10! I didn't even know where Kiribati was much less what its flag looks like! Of course, I've since looked it up, but I doubt I'll ever need to know this again.
The winning team won with ~575 points. We earned about 370 points... It was a lot of fun, and I'm proud that we even got 1/2 of the questions right!
No comments:
Post a Comment